|Applicants must have been in continuous good standing and have paid dues without an honorary withdrawal for four years preceding May 1 of the scholarship year, or be charter members of a local union.
- Each applicant must be recommended in writing by the local union business manager. If there is no business manager, then the recommendation must come from the local union president, system council chairman or general chairman.
- At least two additional letters of recommendation must be sent by individuals who are familiar with the applicant’s achievements and abilities.
- Copies of all academic transcripts from high school. College. Apprenticeship or other educational and developmental programs must be submitted.
- A complete resume is required. The resume should outline the applicants education and work history; military service; special honors or awards; and involvement in union, civic community or religious affairs.
- Applicants are required to submit a 250-500 word essay (typed and double spaced) The title and topic must be “How I will Use My founders’ Scholarship to Benefit the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers and the Electrical Industry.”
- Materials need not to be sent at the same time but all must be postmarked prior to May 1 of the scholarship year.