Qualifications for Apprenticeship
To qualify for the apprenticeship program one must meet and/or be able to do the following:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be a high school graduate with one full credit in Algebra, or
- Have a GED with one full credit in Algebra.1
- Must obtain a minimum score on an aptitude test measuring basic reading and math skills.
- Must be able to climb ladders and scaffolds, bend, stoop, crawl and work in confined spaces.
- Must be able to lift, carry and manipulate tools and materials common to the trade.
- Must be and remain free of any non-prescription drugs. Drug screening is required.
- Must be able to read, hear, understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be willing to follow instructions and to work cooperatively with others.
- Must be able and willing to follow safety procedures.
- Must be able to get to and from job sites anywhere in the jurisdiction.2
The ETAK will accept college or post high school credit to meet the Algebra requirement. One may also complete the NJATC online math course to meet the Algebra requirement.
ETAK offers the Apprenticeship and the CW/CE program to start a career as an Electrician. Our programs are not just classroom time instruction. Most of your time will be spent on a job earning a paycheck while you learn electrical skills.
To learn more about ETAK programs you should review this entire website. For information about our training programs see the Apprenticeship and CW/CE information areas. If you still have questions after reviewing this site you may contact our office.
6107 Central Avenue Pike PHONE: Local: 865-379-6214
Knoxville, Tennessee 37912 Fax: 865-379-1712
EMAIL : email@example.com